Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

The boys and I went to see the movie Dolphin Tale today and then met Evan at the Anoka County Farms pumpkin patch.  The movie was great - one of the best I have seen in a long time - the boys loved it, too.  The pumpkin patch didn't disappoint, either.  We played pumpkin bowling, jumped in the bouncy castle, rode on a hayride, sat by a bonfire, painted pumpkins, and picked out our own pumpkins to take home.  It was a gorgeous day for it, too.  Love this weather!  We ended our day with a bonfire and s'mores at home.  It doesn't get much better than that!  ;)



The sun was so bright and they had to look directly into it to take pictures - they were good sports, but I wish the backgrounds were at a different angle!
 


"I can even flip in here, Mom!"

Carter showing us his moves!

Checking out the bonfire - I love this design!  The only downside, your feet don't feel the warmth - a major drawback for someone like me that always has cold feet!!!



Heading out on the hayride:


Picking out our pumpkins in the patch:

Inside the shed, there were photo ops:

Hard at work painting the pumpkins:

No comments: