Monday, December 20, 2010

Gift Opening

Of all the days, there was a snowstorm today which affected the evening commute.  I use the term 'affected' loosely.  I left my office an hour early, hoping to be home shortly after Ryan got home.  One hour later, I was just getting on the freeway out of downtown.  2.5 hours later, after I normally would have gotten home, I made it through the front door.  Ryan couldn't let me get my coat off before he begged to open gifts.  I made a dash for the camera and let him go to town.  He loved the gifts I didn't expect him to get too excited about and the one I thought he would really enjoy, he didn't care much for.  I guess that is the joy of being 6 - one never knows quite what to expect!  Snuggling in bed tonight I asked him what was his favorite part of turning 6.  He said Dad bringing him lunch and eating with him at school was the best part - kudos to Dad!!!!


Wearing his birthday crown from school:



Monster Truck Mayhem for Wii - yeah!!!!  "I've wanted this my whole entire life!"  :)

No comments: