Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard

The untimely snowstorm that descended upon Minnesota on Friday and Saturday dumped nearly 18" of snow and cancelled our travel plans to Rochester.  My parents were staying at my house this weekend, and not ones to let a little snow get us down, we changed our plans and turned lemons into lemonade.  I made all of the rest of my jewelry orders for Christmas and my Mom so graciously cooked our Mackey family dinner that we were hosting on Sunday.  Never a dull moment...

The view out my patio door - we have at least 3-4' drift across the patio:

Most of the boys play area is completely engulfed in snow - even the teeter totter and swing!

3-4' drift across our patio and backyard:

The snowplow driver left Evan with a waist high dumping of snow to remove with our tiny snowblower.  Needless to say, Evan's back is a little sore today.  Sorry for the poor quality of pictures in this post - the windchills hovered around -30 this weekend with 40 mph winds and the snow was falling and blowing so hard that most of Saturday was a complete white-out.  I didn't linger outside to take many pictures - these I took from my garage:

Surveying the 'damage' and trying to decide how to move it:

1 comment:

The Rissell's said...

It is crazy! True Minnesota winter for sure.....actually, it isn't even winter officially yet. What are we in for?? We didn't get plowed out until yesterday @ 2:00pm....good ole St. Paul.