Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monster Jam

The boys and I headed to the Metrodome for Monster Jam.  This was the first time they had ever been to it and I think their expressions were as much fun to watch as the trucks themselves.  They absolutely loved it.  Carter seemed mesmerized and Ryan was his usual animated self.  Their favorite parts were watching Grave Digger win the races and the tricks on the four wheelers.  It was a pretty amazing show and I am glad we were able to go.  I have a feeling they will be talking about it for a long time!

Arena prior to the trucks racing:



















Ryan getting excited as the show is about to start:



The boys favorite truck, Grave Digger - he won the race!

US Air Force:

Grave Digger mid-air:

Blue Thunder:


Mohawk Warrior (the driver sported a full mohawk):

After the monster trucks raced, smaller trucks came out to race:


















Ryan getting excited as the demolition derby cars start to race (and crash): 

The derby cars:


One car flips, driver got out and was okay:

The boys loved the four wheelers that jumped and did tricks mid-air:

Somehow I can see this in Ryan's future (I hope I'm wrong, but doesn't he strike you as a future stunt man)?



Two four wheelers did tricks simultaneously:

One crashed, but again got up and walked away.  I have to imagine he is a little stiff and sore today:

The trucks came back out on the freestyle course:


This was even better than the racing:

Backdraft didn't have a lucky night, but again, the driver emerged unharmed.


















What a great night - I can bet we'll be back next year!  :)

No comments: