Sunday, June 22, 2014

Lacrosse Tournament

Ryan played 5 games of lacrosse this weekend.  When we sat down to dinner tonight, I said I was tired from all of the running this weekend.  Ryan looked at me like I was crazy - after all, he did all of the running on the field, I just sat on the sidelines!  He was completely shot after the last game.  I think we all were!  His team is making a lot of progress.  We are a young team, with only 3 returning players (Ryan and two others), and none of them have played together previously.  We have a lot of room for improvement, but it's fun to watch them develop their skills.  Ryan played so well this weekend and earned the "Mr. Hustle" award in today's first game.  I am so proud of him!

Ryan in face off:

Cradling the ball.  I think Ryan definitely carried the ball more than any of the other Bengal players this weekend:




Coach pulled Ryan aside between games today and taught him a little "trick" for winning face offs.  Prior to this, Ryan had very few successes with face offs.  After that session with the coach, he hasn't missed one.  He catches on so quick and I am so proud of how well he is playing!!!


Coach talking to the team at half time:
Coach Luke called me on my way home from the tournament today and gave me a few tips for Ryan.  He said he was very impressed with how well he is playing and could tell Ryan was really giving it his all.  He said if he could give Ryan the hustle award every game, he would, based on how hard he is trying.  Nothing could make me happier or more proud as a parent, no matter if we win or lose, or what the score reflects. He's learning and he's having fun, and that's what it is all about!!!


No comments: