Monday, April 22, 2013

Snow Day!

The boys were ecstatic to have a snow day (their THIRD of the year) on Friday.  We spent the morning outside enjoying the fresh snowfall.  Well, enjoying might be a bit strong.  I shoveled the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever shoveled and ended up with a sore neck/shoulders for 2 days.  It is pretty in December.  I'm over it now that's it's late April and just ready for green grass, sunshine, and warm weather.  As I type, we are having another snowstorm, and we are supposed to get 5-8" inches tonight.  I feel like I'm trapped in a snow globe and can't get out!  

Fresh snowfall on my shrubs:

There are 10 shrubs beside the garage.  It looks like one giant snowbank right now!
Carter was buried in the snow up to his head!

Breaking out!




Carrying snow to build a fort:



Ryan working on his fort:



No comments: