Thursday, April 11, 2013

Carter is 6!

Carter officially turned six today.  When I was laying in bed with him last night before he fell asleep, I asked him what he was looking forward to the most the next day (his birthday).  I teared up when he said "you coming to my classroom to volunteer".  I volunteer in his classroom every Thursday morning, so it worked out perfect that his birthday fell on a Thursday.  I delivered cupcakes to his class when I came for their afternoon snack break.  His request for lunch:  McDonald's.  We had a snowstorm/ice here today, so Mom and Evan were unable to make it to lunch with him.  He wanted McD's in the worst way, so I stepped out from volunteering long enough to get him his favorite lunch and make it back in time for lunch.  He was one happy camper.  I have a few photos I instagrammed today - I'll post those soon as well.  After school, he had a playdate with a neighbor boy, opened gifts, and we went to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Perkins.  All in all, I'd have to say it was a pretty good 6th birthday.  :)

Carter's gift waiting for him when he got home from school today.  He could hardly wait until Evan got home so he could open the big one!!! :)
The first year he could read all of his own birthday cards!






$50?  I think I got a buck in my birthday cards when I was his age?!?!?




Diary of a Wimpy Kid figurines.  He picked these out at Target a few weeks ago and was with me when I bought them.  He forgot all about them and was completely surprised when he opened them tonight! :)

Playmobil set he has been dying to get.  I think it's safe to say he loved it!!!!





No comments: