Sunday, July 24, 2011

Water Fun at Grindstone

We spent 3 full days on Grindstone this week on vacation.  It was too hot to do much of anything else, which made it absolutely perfect on the water.  The boys had a blast - Carter is much more brave now and trying new things in the water - that is fun to see!  We boated, jumped off the boat, tubed, had water balloon fights, swam in the middle of the lake, swam in the stream, and just enjoyed life on the water!

Family of ducks at the boat launch:

Carter clearly enjoys boating!

The sun was too bright, so whose shades do you think he took?  :)

Swimming in the deep waters of Grindstone - over 100' deep in the middle!

Carter sticks close to Dad without his life jacket on!

Boat docked at Sondra's:

I'm holding my cousin, Abbey's infant son, Easton.  I've forgotten how tiny they are!!!!

Ryan jumping off the boat in the drop-off (I am floating on a tube nearby with the camera):

Kyle's turn:

Kyle diving in:

Not to be outdone, who do you think dives next?  :)

Water gets a thumbs up today!




I spent hours floating on the lake - the boys would be my anchor or pull me around.  They also floated with me on the tube.  I'm pretty sure I could get used to that! :)

Swimming in the stream:


Carter's turn to jump off the boat - all alone now!!!

His 'pencil dive':

Grandpa has to join in the fun!

Time for a water balloon fight.  Sue generously filled them with warm water for the boys!
The boys can hardly wait to begin!!!! 

Carter breaking one on Ryan's head!

One just misses Carter and lands behind him!

Take that, Ryan!!!!

Who do you think he's aiming at here?  Yep, yours truly!

Kyle going after Ryan:

Splash!  Ryan took a lot of balloons to the head!!!!

Kyle taking aim at Dad!

Ryan swimming by the drop-off!
You see as much of his bottom half as you do his top half when he's in the water! 

He was swimming with the loons and didn't even realize it!  The loons must have been getting used to us by this point!

Ryan and me tubing:

















What an awesome time on Grindstone.  We can't wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Rissell's said...

That looks like a blast! What a perfect vacation!!