Monday, July 4, 2011

Lakes Run

Today Ryan and I, along with my running partner, Di, ran the Lakes Run.  Di and I ran 8K (about 4.8 miles) and Ryan ran the kids run.  When we saw how short the course was for the kids run, Carter also jumped in!   The morning was a hot one - over 80*.  After not running for a few weeks, it was a challenge for me.  I was more tired and slow than normal.  I can't tell you how glad I was to see that finish line! :)  The race itself was very well set up and I would definitely do it again!

Ryan and I getting ready to leave for the Lakes Run:

With Di and Ryan at the Lakes, waiting for the races to start:

My faithful running partner Di:

Waiting for the 8K race to start:

We're off!

Still smiling...the heat hasn't caught up to me yet!

Halfway point, water stop:

Finish line - there was no way I was going to be passed in the final steps of the race - it was an all-out sprint to the finish!


SO happy to be DONE!

Ryan is off on the kids race!

Look at him go! :)

A Blaine police truck led the runners through the course:


Ryan on the final stretch - there are 2 others ahead of him, as well as this girl in yellow:

Proud to place 2nd overall in the kids run!

Brothers at the finish line (Ryan was so surprised to see Carter finish the race - he wasn't intending on running!)

Proud boy with his ribbon after his very first race!!!!!

1 comment:

The Rissell's said...

What a fun event to do with your boys! Way to go to all 3 of you :)