Sunday, October 3, 2010

Star Wars Bedroom

This weekend I turned Ryan's race car bedroom into a Star Wars bedroom.  He is at my Mom and Dad's, so he hasn't seen it yet - I can't wait to see his expression!  The dark blue paint proved to be a headache to work with, but I am very happy with the end result.  I hope Ryan likes it as well!!! :)

The red wall taped to prime and paint blue:
The primer coat on (I added some of the dark blue paint to the primer to turn it light blue):
The finished product:




Some of my favorite elements of this room - I suspended a Star Wars fighter jet on fish line from his ceiling:

and (re-)designed a light in his room with Star Wars adhesives and a Story book I picked up last month from a garage sale - circa 1970s!
Just for comparison sake, this was his race car bedroom (inherited from Kyle) - what a big change!!!!!

No comments: