Saturday, October 30, 2010

Anoka Gray Ghost 5k Run

Today I ran my very first 5k race ever - the Anoka Gray Ghost 5k Run.  It was a gorgeous day - sunshine and relatively low winds.  I ran it with my neighbor, Di - she is the one I run with in the evenings - she pushes me, even when it is 60 mph winds and I'd rather be inside!  She is the kick in the pants I needed to start running again - thanks, Di!  Kudos to Evan - while Di and I ran, he was the event photographer and also had all 5 kids, racing from the start line to the finish line with them.  Thanks for everything you do - it means a lot to me! :)

Di and I ready to line up at the starting line:

And we're off!

I didn't see Evan, but Di heard our kids yelling for us and told me to look:


Di and I at the finish line:


After the race, we went to Evan's salon where he has gotten his haircut for over 20 years.  Here is his stylist, Erin, and her husband.  Hmmmm...and I thought it was the cut he liked!!!  She assured me she didn't dress like that for work every day...Sure!

No comments: