Saturday, March 6, 2010

Painting

Today we painted Carter's room. When I say 'we', I use that term loosely. Evan cleared it out, taped it, rolled it, and did 90% of the cutting in. I did the ceiling line. I am glad to have it done, but was slightly disappointed with the color. I agonized over the gray paint selection at Lowe's and finally chose one that I thought was closest to his new Spiderman comforter set. When we finished, we looked at each other and said "does it look blue to you?" Yep, it is a very blue-gray. It should be okay once we get everything in place, but nothing worse that spending an entire Saturday painting only to be disappointed with the paint color. We planned on setting up Carter's big boy bed, too, but he says he still wants to sleep in his crib. Given he has never crawled out, we are not anxious to get him out of there. When he sleeps in a bed at my Mom's, he is up as early as 5:00 a.m. I don't get him out of his crib until 7:00 a.m. or later at home and he never makes a peep until we go in there. Yeah...he just might graduate sleeping in that crib!!!!




My job was to entertain the kids and keep them away from the wet paint. They played Bakugons. Never guess what I found in my potpourri tonight...


These pruned fingers are a result of eating an entire dinner in the bathtub instead of at the supper table. Someday he'll learn to eat with us...

No comments: