Friday, January 22, 2010

Lemons

I woke up this morning so disappointed - Evan was sick during the night with the stomach flu. We thought we were all done with it in our house after Mom, Dad, and the boys had it last weekend and early this week. We had booked a waterpark for this weekend to celebrate Evan's birthday. I cancelled the waterpark when I got up. We'll reschedule for next month, when everyone can make it. I won't kid you, I was bummed out. I thought to myself "I can either make this a miserable day or turn lemons into lemonade". I chose the latter. I took Carter to his tot model photo shoot and then brought the boys home, put warm clothes on, loaded up our hockey gear, and spent the rest of the morning at the local ice rink at our park. We had a total blast. The boys were in heaven and I actually enjoyed it as well! We haven't been there yet this year since it has either been too cold or we have been out of town on the weekends. We have to get back again - Ryan needs to practice on his skates. For being on them only once last season and then today, he did great. When he first would get frustrated and wanted to give up, I reminded him how he had to keep trying and trying to ride a bike and eventually he would catch on. I think a few more times on the ice and he would have much more confidence. Even by the end of the morning, he would look back at me and say "did you see that? I am doing it Mom, I'm skating!"





Ready...set...go!

Ryan running at full speed (I think that's his only speed!)

Carter chasing the hockey puck:



Ryan tries his hand at hockey:







Finally has the skates on - a little wobbly at first:

Getting his balance:

And he makes his way across the ice:

And down he goes!

Right back up and back around the rink:



"Did you see that? I'm doing it Mom, I'm skating!"

Carter-man:

He always has the cutest expressions:

I love that giggle:











Carter down for the count...

This hockey stuff is hard work!

No comments: