Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hard Goodbye

Today I experienced a tough blow at work. Pat, my boss of nearly 6.5 years, (middle below) left Target. I was in a state of disbelief and shock much of the morning. I couldn't organize my thoughts or be productive for the life of me. I lost my jobshare partner, Bethany, (also shown below) last July. This picture was taken last May - we had such a great team! I am thankful to have a new jobshare partner that started in December - Laura. Today was a tough day for her, too. We both felt quite lost. Quite honestly, I am not sure what lies ahead or what will be the next role, I guess I just ride the wave and see what happens. One thing I do know for sure - Pat was very good to me and he was someone I could count on. That is hard to find sometimes, and we had a great connection after all of these years. We'll see what the tomorrow's bring - I'm confident that everything happens for a reason and I pray Pat finds happiness in his next role, wherever that might be. Thank you for everything you've done for me, Pat!

No comments: