Saturday, January 24, 2009

Goodbye

All her life, Grandma loved flowers. In fact, her middle name was Gladiola, each of her sisters had their second middle name after a flower. Attending Grandma's visitation and funeral was a very tough thing to do, to say those "final" goodbyes. I was very proud of the way we were able to say goodbye - it was one of the most beautiful caskets, flower arrangements, services, and goodbyes I have ever witnessed - I think Grandma would be proud as well. The hardest part is over, now we just miss her and enjoy all the wonderful memories we made with her. We love you, Grandma!

We received these flowers from Bethany, my job share partner, Pat, my boss, and my friends at Target. They are gorgeous and I am enjoying them on my kitchen counter, much as Grandma would have had she been here. She passed on her love of flowers to me! I want to thank everyone for the support we have received the past week - we can't tell you how much we appreciate the cards, emails, calls, visits, food, flowers, etc. Thank you!

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the flowers! They turned out gorgeous - YEAH!!!