Thursday, February 27, 2014

Las Vegas

Evan and I were in sunny Las Vegas this past week.  It was 75* and not a cloud in the sky the entire time we were there (Friday through Wednesday).  It was very difficult to come back to almost a 100* temperature swing in MN.  Ouch!

We had a great time in Vegas.  I did a dolphin yoga class, spent time in the spa, shopped, and relaxed by the pool.  It doesn't get much better than that! :)

On Saturday, I took a yoga class called "dolphin yoga".  You are taken back into the secret gardens of the Mirage hotel and given a private tour of the dolphin pools.  There are 9 dolphins at the Mirage.  It was amazing!!!

Apparently dolphins love bright colors and I was wearing a bright pink top.  The dolphins swam right over to me to say hello:



After we viewed them from above, we were taken to our yoga room under the pools.  3 sides of the room were covered in large windows, allowing us to view the dolphins during the yoga class.  It was an incredible view!  They were so close at times that we could have touched them had the glass not been between us!




On Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, I spent most of the day in the front row of the pool, soaking up some much needed Vitamin D.  It was what my body and soul desperately needed after a very long Minnesota winter!  The view doesn't get much better than this!




Evan joined me when he wasn't working:


The Bolander crew at the banquet dinner:




Evan and I:



1 comment:

The Rissells said...

Looks fabulous! The dolphins - how neat! Love them. Nice for you guys to have a break from the awfully hard winter you've had.