Thursday, August 30, 2012

Open House

The boys had their open house at school last night.  They met their new teachers and principal.  It was a bit chaotic by the end, but thankfully we went really early and were done by the time it was getting crowded!  I think the open house made the kids more excited for school.  Ryan even told me today he was excited, and prior to that, he said he didn't want to go back to school.  I have very mixed emotions about the start of school this year.  I am excited for them and all that the new year, new classrooms, new teachers has in store for them, but I will sure miss them here.  I am not one of the Moms that can't wait for school to start.  I truly enjoy every minute during the summer when they are home with me.  I will sure miss Carter when he starts all-day every-day kindergarten this year.  I'm not sure what I am going to do without my little buddy (and shadow)!  

Carter, Ryan, and Carter's teacher, Mrs. Busch
Ryan also had her in kindergarten.  
Carter was too shy to pose alone with her!


Ryan and his new teacher, Mrs. Gustafson


4 comments:

The Rissell's said...

Exciting times! A lump in your throat I'm sure.....where has time gone??

Michelle said...


Wishing the boys an exciting new school year, and hugs to you, Steph! It's obvious how much you enjoy the vacation time with your kiddos...you made some awesome memories together this summer!!

Michelle said...

Wishing the boys an exciting new school year, and hugs to you, Steph! It's obvious how much you enjoy the vacation time with your kiddos...you made some awesome memories together this summer!!

Michelle said...

Wishing the boys an exciting new school year, and hugs to you, Steph! It's obvious how much you enjoy the vacation time with your kiddos...you made some awesome memories together this summer!!