Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hinckley Pool Swimming and Mural

It was cool and rainy one day last week and we decided to take the boys to the Hinckley swimming pool - where I took swimming lessons and swam with friends when I was growing up.  I wasn't sure if they would like it, but it turned out they loved it!  Carter initially sat in the shallow end, and begged for Evan to come in with him.  Evan had a sinus headache and was pretty miserable, but he was a good sport and went in with Carter.  It didn't take long for Carter to notice Ryan going off the diving board in the deep end and he wanted to give it a try as well.  One time on the board and he was sold!  I bet he went off the board over 50 times that day - we couldn't keep either of them off of it!  What a fun afternoon! :)


Ryan running off the diving board

He wanted me to take a picture of him waving from underwater!

Getting comfortable diving off the diving board

Carter's first time off the board...

He was sooo excited! :)






There were a few belly flops before he got it figured out, but he eventually got there!



Pencil dive

















When I was a senior in high school, two of my friends and I painted a mural on the wall of the swimming pool.  Amazingly, it is still up there.  I took some photos when the kids were swimming.  I remember being so proud of it when we completed it!  And we got an 'A' from Mr. Berg on it! :)








No comments: