Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ryan's 7th Birthday

This is officially my 1,000th post - thanks for sticking with me - I can't believe it's been that long!

Today was Ryan's 7th birthday.  He woke up and first thing he did was open a gift.  One thing about Ryan - you always know exactly what he thinks of your gift - he looked at us with 'the' look when he opened his new rollerblades - "Hmmmm...I would rather have had a toy!"  Sigh...I thought it would be the perfect gift since he rollerblades every day in the summer and has literally worn out his old rollerblades.  Apparently not that exciting as a birthday gift!  Thankfully I redeemed myself with the dirt bike he opened after school!

I took the day off of work and brought him to school this morning, which is a big treat for kids to be 'parent drop-off'' or 'parent pick-up'.  He loved it!  Evan, Mom, Dad, and I also joined him at lunch and brought his favorite lunch - McDonald's!  I also brought cupcakes for his afternoon snack with the class.  After school, he opened his next gift and we went to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Perkins, where the wait staff sang Happy Birthday to him and brought him a piece of pie for his birthday.  All in all, a great 7th birthday for Ryan!!!!

Opening gifts first thing this morning:



Cupcakes for his class:

Lunch with all of us:



"I've wanted one of these all my life!"  :)


No comments: