Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend at Grandpa and Grandma's

We spent the weekend up north again this weekend. Mom and Dad (and Sondra) might be getting sick of us by now, but we are loving life! I have thought a lot about Ryan starting all day/every day kindergarten in the fall, and I don't want to look back and think "we could have..." or "we should have...". I want to look back and think "We DID!" We are leaving no stone unturned this summer and enjoying every minute of it. Evan always says I pack so much into my days off with the boys and I don't deny that, but it is all fun stuff they enjoy. We have a great August planned and I can't wait for all of the fun events we have to look forward to! I know with confidence that I will never look back at my boys' childhood and say "I wish I would have worked more". They are the reason I work part-time and I am thankful for that each and every day. I wouldn't have it any other way as they are growing up. It is going by so fast and I want to enjoy every bit that I can!!!!

Carter engrossed in his movie on the car ride up north (we stopped at the Pizza Pub in Pine City to meet friends for dinner - the boys had a blast playing with the other kids in the arcade):

Ryan on Kyle's Grizzly:

Taking me and Carter for a ride:


Ryan and Grandpa splitting kindling for the bonfire:

Wasn't exactly huge, but large enough for s'mores - that's all that really matters anyway, isn't it?

Ryan and Grandpa lighting fireworks. The best part of a bonfire for Ryan is that Grandpa always has fireworks on hand!

Ryan showing his jumping moves:



Not to be left out, Carter jumps on:

Is there a smile more contagious than his?

S'mores...yum!

1 comment:

The Rissell's said...

I feel the same way about summer! It is very true that our kids grow so fast and wanting to cherish the time we have with them. No regrets!!