Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surgery Day

Ryan had a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy at Children's Hospital on July 18. He did great the morning of surgery - I was dreading the no food thing, but when he found out he could have as many popsicles/jello cups as he wanted, he was fine! Surgery itself went very well - Dr. Lander told us he did great and he had one of the largest sets of tonsils/adenoids he had seen in a 3 year old, solidifying our decision to have the surgery. Ryan is one of the healthiest kids I have ever seen, but he snored and had sleep apnea at night, disrupting his night's sleep. His recovery was a bit difficult early on, but now, 11 days later, you would never know he had surgery. He is doing great, and sleeping much more soundly and peacefully - it is amazing to me to watch! I was so used to opening his door to check on him and hear the snoring, that I had to feel his chest to make sure he was breathing the first few times until I got used to it! Here are pictures from surgery day...



No comments: