Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Fishing Boat

Evan purchased a new-to-him fishing boat. He gave me the sales pitch "we will need a bigger boat with 3 boys"... The boat sat in our garage for a couple of weeks while Evan fine tuned it. Amazing how he could spend HOURS every day on a boat that he bought "ready for the water". :) The kids would ask me "Mom, why does Dad sit in his boat in the garage/driveway all the time and never put it in the water?" Good question. I would come in the garage late at night to see him sitting in his boat seat, beer in hand, I would ask what he was doing..."thinking" was his response. Okay... My Dad took the boat out this week and apparently it ran great. I can tell Evan is dying to get it on a local lake! It is stored a my parents' newly cemented/cleaned out shed. (That is a story in itself - I really wish I had before pictures of that shed - you would really need to see it to believe it!) Here are the kids checking it out - yes, they sat in it every morning before we left for daycare...(sigh - do you see the apples don't fall far from the tree there?) :)









No comments: