Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ryan's Lacrosse Tournament

Ryan started lacrosse this year for the first time.  He has had about 6 practices, but this is the first game he's ever played.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was to watch.  They did a great job and it was fun to learn a little more about the sport (I was pretty clueless before today). They lost the first game in sudden death overtime and the second game 6-0.  They definitely were outplayed by better ball handlers.  The Blaine Bengals need a little work on their passing, cradling, and overall ball handling, but all in all, they did a great job for their first time playing together as a team!




Ryan was able to do several face-offs.  He was perfect for the job - he is not afraid to go after the ball!






The coach asked us to put the boy's names on their helmets so he could tell who was who.  I didn't have white tape to write the letters with black marker, so I cut out checkered duct tape in the letters of his name.  He saw it and said "SICK" and gave me a big hug and said thank you.  Apparently that means he likes it! :)








No comments: