Saturday, April 7, 2012

Economics

It always amazes me how young they start kids on subjects in school now.  Kyle has been doing calculus-like problems in algebra this year as a 7th grader.  We aren't even sure how to help him with the equations!  Ryan's book report this week was on Economics.  It was great seeing him think about the concept of the cost of food and how supply and demand effects the price.  I think he really got a lot out of the lesson - I was impressed!!!

{Proud parent alert}: Ryan has been in talent development programs for both math and reading in first grade.  He is working well above his grade level in both.  He was also nominated to attend a summer math and science program - it was a huge honor to be selected.  I am so proud of the hard work he has put in this year and it never amazes me at how much his mind soaks in - he is just like a sponge.  I hope school always comes this easy and he enjoys it as much as he does now.  It truly is a blessing and makes life much easier!!!!





No comments: