Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring Cleaning

I am a little over halfway through my spring cleaning. It takes forever, mostly because I like to go through everything really well and I don't get long periods of time to work on it. Last weekend I tackled the laundry room and the foyer. I was going through the laundry room closet and realized that with our 9' ceilings on our main level, we had a lot of wasted space above our shelf and way too much stuff piled up on there. I took everything out, sorted through it, and got rid of anything that was too small or that we no longer wanted/needed. There was a lot that still fit the kids that I wanted to keep, so I had Evan install a shelf above our current shelf to add some much needed storage. SO MUCH BETTER!

Funny, I remember thinking when we moved into this house (Kyle was 2 when we bought it) that we had so much storage room. Now, quite the opposite! Amazing how much 3 kids and all of their 'stuff' changes your perspective!

Just a portion of the things that needed to go back into the closet:
Wasted space above my shelf:

Evan installing the new shelf:

New shelving, prior to putting things back into the closet:

Much more organized space, yeah!!!!

My little goofballs!  The only time they want to help me spring clean is when it is time to get above the foyer closet to dust!

No comments: