Sunday, August 16, 2009

Laundry Room Floor

My Dad installed a new ceramic tile floor in our laundry room last week. It was the last vinyl (linoleum) floor in our house. I am not a fan of linoleum and after 7 years, I finally ripped it out. Well, we ripped it out. We started by taking out the appliances and thinking, we'll just take off the trim to help Dad out. Then I said "let's just start the floor for him." 2.5 hours later, and the floor was out. It wasn't too bad to remove, and the relief on Dad's face to see that linoleum piled in the garage when he arrived was worth it. The tile was nearly complete by Tuesday night and he finished the tile and grouted the floor on Wednesday. By Thursday I had my appliances back up and running again. Amazing how much you miss a washer and dryer when they are out of commission for a few days! Dad - I can't thank you enough for the fabulous floor - we love it!!!! and love you, too!!!

Disconnecting the appliances:

Old floor:





Removing the linoleum backing:

Ready for install:

New floor!






1 comment:

Bethany said...

The new floor looks fab! How nice to have such a talented father.