Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ice Skating

I took Ryan ice skating today at a small rink in the park near our house. What a great spot to teach him to skate - I wish we had come earlier this winter (then again, it's been so cold and I am such a wimp when it comes to the cold weather!) It was a gorgeous day to be outside today!!! Ryan was not sure what to think of the skates at first, and sometimes was frustrated when he fell, but by the end, he was able to scoot himself across the rink himself, pushing the chair ahead of him. When he fell, at first he would wait for me to pick him up, but after a few falls, he said to me "I can do it myself Mom, you don't need to help" and he could! I guess we weren't the only ones with the folding chair idea - another family there had the chair! It worked well - maybe by next year he'll be chairless! :)






























No comments: