Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ready or not...

Ryan started Sunday School today, at the same church he attends preschool. He wasn't quite sure when we arrived if he wanted to stay in the room without us (in fact, he KNEW he didn't want to, but we were trying to convince him it would be okay). He did stay and had a great time. Carter went to the nursery for the first time today as well. He didn't even look back when I dropped him off. He jumped right in, playing with the toys with the other toddlers. When I picked up Ryan, the teachers said he did great. He looked mad when I saw him - apparently all of the other classes had snacks served in Spongebob cups - his class didn't because they didn't know if any of the children had allergies. Next time they will get snacks. A quick stop at the donut table on the way out of the church solved all of Ryan's problems. Maybe I'll try Ryan's technique next time I get worked up - just eat a donut! :) On a side note, with no children sitting next to us in church today, I heard a full sermon for the first time in years - what a relaxing service!



No comments: