Sunday, July 1, 2012

Beating the Heat

We are in the midst of a heat wave here in MN.  Temps have been in the 90s for the past week, with no end in sight.  With high humidity levels, you almost have to be in the water to be able to stand it outside, at least for long periods of time.  Water is just what we did today at Bunker Beach, and brought friends along to boot!  The kids had a blast and the Moms did, too! :)

Carter attempted the rock climbing wall 
for the first time.  Although he didn't reach 
the top, he made it farther each time he 
attempted it!



Ryan shows him how it is done and 
he makes it look easy! 




Snack time!

The boys - Tyler, Ryan and Carter

Alexis joined the group

{Im}patiently waiting for the safety break to end


And they're off!

My tan little man! :)

Me and Di, 2 tired Moms after over 5 hours in the heat

Although I am taking the summer off from making jewelry, I did make one piece today.  I have a very good friend facing some very serious medical issues and I wanted to send her something to bring her a little cheer.  I hope she likes it! :)

No comments: