Thursday, December 31, 2009

Canada Fishing Trip

This is Evan - my first post on the Mackey family blog.... After Christmas, Kyle and I went fishing, along with my father-in-law, Steph's Uncle Rich and Cousin Shane. We went to Nestor Falls, Ontario for a 3 day ice fishing trip. Poor roads driving up and back, but we made it safely. This is Kyle's first Canadian fishing trip and man, did he have fun!! And I certainly had a great time sharing it with him and the family. We caught a lot of big crappies, we also caught walleyes and perch. Some crappies were 15" long. I would like to thank my father-in-law, Rich, and Shane for helping to make Kyle's first trip such a memorable and fun fishing trip; they are always great guys to fish with!

First day with some nice crappies:

Kyle with one of his proud catches:

First day's limit:
Loren and Shane filleting fish:

Kyle learning the art of filleting fish:
Kyle holding a couple more of his fish:

Proud Dad and excited son:

No comments: