Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mackey Christmas

Today we hosted the Mackey Christmas at our house. 7 of the 8 Mackey siblings and their families were in attendance - it was a quiet group, just the 35 of us!!! Growing up as an only child, I am not used to this chaos, especially at gift opening. I have learned to just go with it after all these years - my first year I am sure my jaw hung open, but the kids LOVE it! The cousins have so much fun together. Without my Mom, we would have been eating franks and beans, but thanks to her, we put out a huge turkey/stuffing/potato/2 vegetable/etc. spread. It was delicious - what would I do without her??? Here are some pictures of our day:

The spread of food:














Chaotic gift opening:




















Carter was much more interested in the paper than the gift
(Nick could have saved himself a little money on Carter's gift):















Ryan excited about his transformer toys from his Godparents, Uncle Dennis and Auntie Monica:



















Kyle with his Pixos sets:














The siblings - Curt, Dennis, Evan, Lisa, Molly, Teresa, Margaret:














The Outlaws - Tony, Mike, Matt, Steph, Monica, and Wanda:














The grandkids and great grandkids:












No comments: