Monday, October 20, 2008

Temporary Home

Step one of the fish transfer is complete. The fish are in a 5 gallon bucket with an aerator in the laundy room. Tomorrow I will put them in their winter home, the 55 gallon aquarium. It wasn't an easy process - I wish I had a camera outside during the actual removal process, our little assembly line. Evan had the pump emptying the pond, Kyle had the net, scooping out the fish. I was taking them out of the net, and placing them in the bucket. Ryan and Carter splashed in the bucket trying to take them back out - the freezing cold water getting their hands and clothes soaked. Kids never feel the cold - why is that? I did hear "this pond is going to be the death of me" and other words I shouldn't share on here several times out of Evan's mouth. Draining the pond isn't the favorite project around here... but we are done for '08!


No comments: