Sunday, September 21, 2008

Iron Girl

I competed in my first Iron Girl today. It consisted of a 2 mile run, 22 mile bike ride, and another 2 mile run. My personal goal was 2 hours. I crossed the finish line in 1:57:17. I was exhausted, but thrilled to meet my goal. I don't think if you offered me a million dollars I could have finished sooner - I gave it 100% the entire race. There were 1000 registered participants and 805 completed the race. It was a great experience and one I am so excited to have been a part of! I had a great cheering section and my boys all made me signs and cheered me on - it was a very emotional finish!


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome girl! Way to go on reaching your amazing goal. What an inspiration you are! Looks like you had fun too...

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, Steph!